Ask anyone in the hospitality or food service industry and they’ll tell you that staffing is their number one challenge. Employee turnover is estimated at around 73.8% annually according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Other challenges associated with these industries include: lack of space and time for training, the task of creating an engaging onboarding process, and the demand for tracking compliance training. Industry leaders are now leveraging eLearning to develop effective onboarding and training programs in order to combat this epidemic. Read below to find out how:
- Mobile Ready: The restaurant and food service industries are constantly in motion – and employees primarily access their smart phones. Our clients are leveraging the cloud based LMS to administer training – mobile-first.
- Microlearning: Microlearning is the concept of delivering training to learners in short, effective bursts. This eLearning staple allows for rapid deployment and consumption of critical information.
- Rewards & Recognition: Employees are looking to be recognized for their contributions. VenU Connect provides multiple ways to report and track superior performance, so your top talent can easily be identified.
- Social Learning: Our clients are leveraging the latest version of our LMS, VenU Connect™, to empower learners to collaborate – even within the confines of individual eLearning modules. This type of collaboration provides a human element to online training – even when trainers are not able to meet face-to-face.
- Skills Assessment: Empower employees to improve performance by tailoring learning programs to the specific needs of your organization. Clients use our built-in skills assessments to connect employees’ current skills with compliance training in the LMS.
VenU clients who would like to maximize the use of these tools further within their LMS should contact their dedicated project manager. Not a VenU™ client, but want to learn more? Contact us today at 800.596.8544.